In October 2016 OpenUp Digital partnered with the Bournville Village Trust (BVT) housing association to deliver the Digi-Fayre 2016 digital inclusion event, which helped 120 older people become more digitally confident.
Timed to coincide with Get Online Week 2016, the UK’s biggest digital inclusion campaign, OpenUp Digital supported the event in the following ways:
- Developing the format of the day, which was based on how being online can help people get more out of life.
- Securing support from local and national partners, including business sponsorship, volunteers, a local councillor and the national Get Online Week team.
- Delivering a full day of drop-in support focused on hobbies and entertainment, including family history, photography, current affairs and streaming video.
- Over 120 older people helped to gain digital skills and confidence.
- Positive feedback from attendees, BVT staff and Councillor Mary Locke.
- BVT has commissioned OpenUp Digital to deliver an additional full programme of digital skills workshops in 2017.
— BVT News (@BVTNews) October 21, 2016
Jessica Allan, BVT Community Development Manager, said of OpenUp Digital’s contribution:
“You were amazing yesterday. You definitely went the extra mile! Thanks for all your hard work.”
Can we help?
Is your organisation looking for ways to promote digital inclusion and help people develop greater digital skills and confidence? If so, OpenUp Digital can help.